Paint 6 pieces in 6 weeks! Learn a new, contemporary acrylic painting technique each week with a step-by-step project led by instructor Kristen Ide.
In this course, students will be inspired by inventive, non-traditional, and fun ways to paint with acrylics through a class demo and step-by-step instructions for completing a painting project. No more "blank canvas syndrome." This is a great way to get started, stay inspired, and walk away with multiple pieces of art!
Topics covered in the next session:
Week 1: Acrylic Skins
Week 2: Interference Paints
Week 3: Effects with Varnish
Week 4: Slow Leveling Gel
Week 5: Cold Wax Effects with Acrylics
Week 6: Monoprinting
• Acrylic paints (not craft paints) in various colors
• Acrylic brushes in various sizes
• Chip brushes in various sizes
• 6-pack of 12x12 canvases
• a weekly, project-specific supply list will be given in class
Bring on Week 1 in addition to the items above:
• Scraper tool
• GAC 800
• some supplies provided
• Cost $199 (6 classes)
• Thursdays, 6:00pm-9:00pm
• All skill levels welcome
• Student parking available in back lot
Be sure to pick up a Student Parking Pass at the front desk when you arrive.
Who should take this class...
• those who enjoy structured lessons
• those who want to apply what they learn with a project
• those who are looking to be inspired by new approaches
• those who want to put more "play" into their artwork
About the instructor
Kristen is a graphic designer, an award-winning artist, and certified art instructor. She studied Art Education at Middle Tennessee State University because it seemed to be the most natural path: she loved art and she loved helping others. Being a part of bringing other's ideas to life and giving students confidence to move their art forward is one of her greatest joys.
Her work and styles vary across multiple mediums: from mixed media abstracts to expressive watercolors to plein air oil landscapes. You can view her work and watch her paint live during opening reception nights at Art on 30th in Studio 14 on the second floor.