Getting Loose: Expressive Painting
Expressive painting is all about getting loose, bold, and fast! Perfect for those who wants to loosen up their realistic painting style and learn how to abstractify an object from real life.
We'll have fun exploring new techniques and using a wide variety of materials and painting mediums. Learn how to make your work more interesting, dynamic, and expressive. We're going to turn the dial up on our use of color and brushwork while learning to not overthink and overwork our pieces.
For intermediate acrylic painters.
If you are brand new to acrylics: welcome! We invite you to begin with our Art 101 class.
• Simplifying through constructing and deconstructing
• Creating broken color and broken line
• Using wet-into-wet and scumbling techniques
• Layering and staying loose
• Thursdays, 6pm-9pm
• Supply list: see instructor section below for link.
• Cost $199 (6 classes)
Register below to sign up for the next 6-week session.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS...
• those who want juicy color and painterly brushwork
• those who want to improve their observation skills
• those who are developing their visual voice
• those who want to capture the "essence" of an object
Register for one of the options below to sign up for the next 6-week session.
About the instructor
Kristen is a graphic designer, artist, and art instructor. She studied Art Education at Middle Tennessee State University because it seemed to be the most natural path: she loved art and she loved helping others. Being a part of bringing other's ideas to life and giving students confidence to move their art forward is one of her greatest joys. Her work and styles vary across multiple mediums: from mixed media abstracts to expressive acrylics to plein air landscapes in oils.
Instructor Website | Supply List